Friday, October 8, 2010

142. Mix-n-Match


 This is another element of style I really struggle with.  First of all, this chic is fabulous.  You may disagree, and I wouldn't argue with you.  But for yours truly, she is the epitome of casual, comfortable, I-Could-Get-Dressed-In-The-Dark-And-Somehow-I-Would-Still-Be-Fly style. 

Maybe she just came from yoga class.  Or maybe she's headed to lunch with one of her equally and effortlessly fabulous friends.  The look works either way.  Right down the fully functional bag, handmade scarf (you can see the little tails on the ends), and semi-messy, pulled-back curly hair.

But those aren't the hard parts.  The "hard" part is the jacket.  She's wearing a brown jacket over black pants and a cream top.  With a black bag and a grey scarf.  I would never have done that.  Because in my world the jacket, bag, belt, and shoes should all be the same color.  Black and brown do not co-mingle.  But they obviously should.

(Photograph copyright The Sartorialist 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment