Wednesday, October 13, 2010

145. Ignorance and Bliss

As I was winding the day down and thinking of treating myself to some McDonald's french fries (we'll pretend they're not cooked in beef fat), I had the misfortune of coming across this. One of the homies shared an article on Facebook about an artist who's been photographing a McDonald's Happy Meal, waiting for it to decompose.  Six months and still nothing.

I knew McDonald's was no good for my insides, but I didn't really  need photographic proof.  What kind of potato never decomposes?  I mean seriously.  I watched a series on PBS about healthy eating where the lecturer said that you should never eat anything that won't eventually rot.  If it doesn't break down on the shelf, it won't break down properly in your body (so the thinking went).  Makes sense to me.  I've been gradually cutting out preservatives and partially hydrogenated otherness from my food for a while now.

But dang it!  Why'd they have to go and ruin McDonald's fries for me?  Stupid internet =(.

No comments:

Post a Comment