Thursday, June 3, 2010

62. All the News That's Fit to Print

So I started this blog to make myself accountable for writing on a regular basis. On some level, posting things that aren't written by me, or posting about things other people write, seems to miss the point. But I figure if something is interesting, and if someone is actually going to take the time to read this little project of mine, I should post whatever I feel is worth sharing. With that in mind...

I heard this on the radio this morning. Some debt collectors in Texas have gotten out of pocket with their customers. One of those customers got some crazy stuff on voicemail, lawyered up, and got $1.5 million in damages for the ridiculousness they left on his phone.

In one call they suggested that he raise the money to pay his debt by getting his lazy *ss out of bed to pick some cotton. Oh yeah... Believe it. Click here for the story.

My question is: It's 2010. Who is still stupid enough to say something like that on a voicemail??? And real talk... who is still stupid enough to say it out loud, in mixed company, outside of their own home? I don't know why stupidity bothers me more than racism, but it does. Perhaps it's because since I can't technically prove to you that I'm a worthwhile human being, maybe (just maybe) I understand how you could not think so. But you certainly have evidence enough that screaming racial slurs on tape is a bad idea. What is wrong with you???

No comments:

Post a Comment