Friday, June 4, 2010

68. The Last Best Post on Marriage

Yes: I am almost thirty.

No: I do not give a smidge about marriage.

No: I do not believe there is a "crisis" of unmarried black woman and/or unavailable black men and/or black men who only want to date non-black women (although I am not a fan of the last one and wish we would learn to problematize and politicize how we view sexual attraction, beauty, love AND marriage since both have been problems and political since, oh yeah, slavery)

Yes: I am an enterprise and I am working on building myself up. Me. Not me plus one.

Yes: I still realize that I am almost thirty. Thirty is a number.

No: I do not want to discuss any of the above with any of my friends, colleagues, family members or even my partner ever again. We have hashed and rehashed the topic, we have circulated articles and YouTube videos and we have successfully used this subject as a foil for all other meaningful conversation.

This is the Last Best Post on Marriage. I mean really...is there anything left to say? Can we talk about the oil spill now?

1 comment:

  1. The team has spoken. Henceforth this blog is marriage-free.

    ReplyDelete