Thursday, June 3, 2010

63. Sneaker Chics


Once upon a time, I made up my mind to become a sneaker chic. There were a few reasons:

1. I've always thought there was something especially fly about a chic who could be sexy in sneakers. Anyone can pull off sexy in 3-inch heels. But if you can rock some Air Maxes and still be the flyest chic in the room, then you're doing something.

2. Hard as I fight it, I'm a gym shoe girl at heart. Jeans, a t-shirt, and gym shoes everyday. I'm trying to get away from this. But if I could find a way to fall back on it now and then and somehow still be really stylish, that'd be nice.

3. Lupe Fiasco, who I have plans to stalk at some point, is a sneaker dude. And this would give us something in common.

4. I like the idea of adding bright colors to my wardrobe in a functional way (e.g. with something I could wear everyday). This is as an alternative to buying 7 new brightly colored shirts, etc.

So... In my quest for Sneaker Chic style, I've settled on the Air Force 1's in the picture as my intro pair. I think it's a good look. Not too expensive, colorful but not gaudy, should go with lots of stuff. Maybe an early birthday present from Me to me.

2 comments:

  1. http://tiny.cc/xrnk7
    http://tiny.cc/rbu2w

    I'm feeling the Air Max line myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support the movement...I'm thinking I should do a post on what sneaks we like to see on the ladies...thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete