Friday, September 10, 2010

114.5. Inspired by a True Story, cont'd

I was gonna put this in the comments, but in an attempt to get my numbers up, I'm cheating and making it a semi-separate post.

I felt like I was a little hard on the "How was work today?" folks.  So I wanted to offer something constructive, to show that I respect their need for regular connection and communication.  Here it is.

A list of things that would be appropriate to ask, in an attempt to connect with one's mate after work:

1. Who you got in this game tonight?

2. What do you want for dinner?

3. You wanna get tickets to so-and-so?

4. What do you wanna do this weekend?

5. Did your day go alright? (Note, it's a yes or no question if they want it to be. Or they can make it a convo.  Best of both worlds.)

6. How was your run/workout? (I always enjoy answering this one.)

7. What do you wanna watch?

8. When do you wanna [thing you've been talking about doing for a while]?

9. Have you talked to [random friend's name] lately?  (Also a fan of this one.  It shows an interest in the health of their relationships with people other than you.)

I originally had 10, but the last one was weak.  Nonetheless, there you have it.  Nine super simple ways to get what you need while not annoying your mate.  They're not all guaranteed conversation starters, but they also won't cause your mate to clandestinely flee whatever room you happen to be in.

Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment