Monday, September 20, 2010

128. The Basics: Fitted Tees



My favorite piece of clothing right now is a black Timeless Crewneck Tee (pictured) from Banana Republic.  It completely captures my clothing personality.  I wanna be neat, but comfortable.  I want to be elegant, but not in any way that takes very much work.  And I want to not spend very much money.  This top accomplishes all of those things.  It costs $20 and has a long, sleek fit that's really flattering.

I also have it in green and red.  Any color over neat jeans ("denim trousers") or slacks makes for a super-simple chic look.  I don't wear skirts often, but the few I do wear go well with these tops.  They make for a good look.  There's something about pairing a t-shirt with a fancier bottom that says, "Yes, I want to impress.  But no, I'm not going to inconvenience myself too much to do it."  And that pretty much sums up my personality =).  Sidenote: This is also the reason you're not likely to catch me in heels in a club.  It's just not worth it (anymore).

I also go for printed tees with slacks.  I used to have a Mickey Mouse top that I wore under a blazer or nice jacket.  It got retired years ago.  But I plan on rebuilding my collection of graphic tees with some fun, cheap options.  I have my eye on that Tootsie-Roll "That's How I Roll" t-shirt.  It's so me.

No comments:

Post a Comment