Monday, August 2, 2010

90. The Fruit of the Earth

Once upon a time, I went clubbing with the homies and stayed out til the big-girl hours of the morning. Since I'm not a robot, I downed a couple Red Bulls to keep me in the game. Fast forward three days into my work week, and my body's heroine-like response to the caffeine infusion made it almost impossible for me to function without stimulants.

Now my brain is telling me it can't work 14 hours a day without help. Since I'm no fan of cultivating dependencies, I tell my brain that's too bad. But more and more it's looking like there's a serious coffee habit in my (very near) future. The difference between Me With Coffee and Me Without Coffee could easily bridge the gap between what I'm actually getting done and what I need to be getting done. And since I'm a grown-up now (officially) and grown-ups do what they have to do...

I'm at least telling myself that coffee is from the earth, and God put it here because He knew we'd need a little kick sometimes. That helps a little. If Starbucks wasn't so delicious and so expensive at the same time, that'd help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment