Tuesday, August 10, 2010

97. How Do I Love Running?

Let me count the ways:

* I love that after getting it in for 5 miles I can go the rest of a 90-degree day without a drop of sweat.

* I love that I need to eat. A lot.

* I love that I can finally run without an mp3 player. Silence is an awesome soundtrack.

* I love that it's the one thing I would choose over ice cream (sleep and sex don't count).

* I love that I'm tanned 6 months a year.

* I love that it's a strict, unspoken No-Holler zone (at least for other runners. Casual bystanders haven't gotten the memo.)

* I love that nothing is as bad after a run as it was before.

* I love that running is never not a good idea.

* I love that I'm faster than I thought I was.

2 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention the flat stomach benefits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed =). I was saving that for vol. 2 since I've only been back at running for 2 days. I aint wanna "perpetrate" while I'm still rockin the non-runner belly.

    ReplyDelete