Tuesday, August 24, 2010

112. A Day in the Life (Now Reading...)

This.



Hopped on the Black Pearl and watched Sunday's True Blood today. Great episode but I was surprised...normally that's a break for me. Normally, it's a little bit of pleasure in a long, stressful and heavy day.

But today it didn’t feel like that. It didn’t feel like anything. It felt like I lost an hour that I will never get back. In fact, I sat down in front of the computer and started to open up another movie almost as though I hadn’t watched it. As though I needed another “break.”

Weird.

But yesterday, as intense as communing with Alice was....it felt like pleasure to me. It felt like a break. It took me into sleep feeling fulfilled and whole and nourished.

Wonder why.

Hmm...New equation:

TV = cotton candy
Alice Walker = life

Conduct selves accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment