Sunday, May 2, 2010

15. Preach, Preacher!

One of the benefits of living with someone as zealously religious as my mother is that you can't help but absorb some of the hours of television preaching she watches everyday. Right now she's on Bishop Arthur Brazier.

Generally speaking, I don't mess with TV preachers. Just not my flavor. But Mr. Brazier is kinda rocking my world right now. He's preaching on Fear, and how it is not an appropriate motivator in the life of a Believer.

What he said that struck was quite simply that Fear is the biggest problem in some people's lives. "They're afraid to live. And they're afraid to die." Thinking about that, and what it really means to Live, and to be afraid to undertake it, is awesome to me. I think a lot of life is wasted that way. Stuck somewhere between life and death, because we're afraid of all the little deaths and failures we might suffer, if we were to live too audaciously.

This has actually been a running theme in conversation with one of the homies. I think it'll only become more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment