Friday, May 28, 2010

56. Road Blocks

You may or may not have noticed that every couple of weeks there's a significant gap in posts to this here blog. Whenever I leave town, or someone else comes into town, my discipline takes a bit of a dive.

Last weekend, the homie and baby homie were in town looking for a place to live. So I was playing host and chauffeur (happily) and getting all kinds of quality time in. Before that, I was out east to see another homie become Dr. Homie. Good times.

This latest round of non-posting was because of a short trip to Milwaukee for the Maxwell/Jill Scott concert. I had never seen either artist in concert so I was excited to go. I had also never been in a box/suite at an arena before. So it was a new experience all-around. Here are my general thoughts:

1. Boxes are awesome. So comfortable. Really... the only way to go. (Okay, maybe not the only way, but a really, really good way.)
2. Why have the show in an arena if you're not gonna come close to selling it out? Did any of the cities sell out? I wonder...
3. Guy Torry is not funny.
4. Jill Scott may just be The Baddest B*tch (sorry Trina).
5. Maxwell is fine. And corny =(. And this one hurt because he and I are lovers (in my mind), though I've been cheating on him with Common for two weeks.
6. What's the point of encores? Just sing all the songs and say Good-Night.

As a post-script, I'll add that I'm not a concert person. They just aren't my thing. I don't really enjoy the songs any more than hearing them on the radio. But for a concert person, I highly recommend Ms. Scott. She really is talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment