Tuesday, May 11, 2010

29. It's a Family Affair

Or at least it should be. Back in the day a friend of mine started a blog as an outlet for the random sorts of things that would occur to him on any given day. A sort of "organized brain-dump", I think he called it.

Eventually, he recruited me and another one of the homies to join him. I had a lot of fun writing in that space. The group element of it made intuitive sense to me. It was an outlet, but also a kind of peep-hole into a couple of people I thought were really interesting. So there was a social and personal benefit I hadn't anticipated.

When I decided to start blogging again, I thought about re-launching that project. But it didn't feel right to do it by myself. So here I am by my lonesome, with the General Musings 2.0, Puff's Personal Edition. I think I'll take a page from the homie and just start inviting folks to participate.

Of course, given that folks have Twitter, and Facebook, and whatever else folks are using to broadcast their every waking thought these days, it may be a hard sell. Who has time to write more than 140 characters anymore? We'll see what happens.

2 comments: